Foot & Ankle Arthritis | Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
If you are suffering from arthritis in your foot and/or ankle, come to Edge HQ to experience arthritis relief and return to daily life through our expert care in treating your pain.
Our physical therapy team and podiatrist ensure pain alleviation
- manual therapy – deep tissue massage and soft tissue mobilization
- specialized Foot & Ankle Care program designed by your Physical therapist and Podiatrist
- utilizes healing modalities to accelerate healing, like the Class IV cold laser and specialized orthotics.
- Holistic adjunct recovery treatments and recovery & wellness amenities i.e. acupuncture, functional cupping
Our physical therapists guarantee around-the-clock pain relief by keeping you informed on proper ways to work around pain-triggering activities and on how to temporarily reduce pain when it happens.
What is Foot Arthritis?
Foot arthritis is defined as an acute or chronic joint inflammation that often co-exists with pain and structural damage. Arthritis is the swelling and tenderness of joints. The main symptoms are joint pain and stiffness which typically worsen with age.
Is Foot Arthritis affecting me and my pain?
Common symptoms include joint pain and stiffness, swelling redness and warmth in the joint. There may be a general stiffness or a feeling of reduced movement around your ankle or foot during walking.
Treatments for Foot Arthritis
The following are common treatments for improving your condition. We highly recommend speaking to our team to discuss all treatment matters.
- Stretching lower body muscles
- Progressing lifting arch of the foot
- Low foot impact exercising ie.) walking, swimming, cycling, etc
- Ankle/foot support brace
- Strengthening lower leg muscles (calves, ankle muscles, etc.)
- Utilizing BFR Therapy to improve muscular strength
- Reducing tendon inflammation and pain using Class 4 Laser Therapy.
- Correcting your walking using AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill.
- Ice therapy for pain and inflammation relief
- Heat therapy for stiffness and soreness relief
Physical Therapy and Acupuncture for Foot Arthritis
If you are suffering from symptoms related to foot arthritis, come to Edge HQ to get it diagnosed and treated by our podiatrist and physical therapy team. Our podiatrist provides a proper analysis of your condition and supplies you with specialized orthotics to ease daily life and activity. Schedule your consultation today!
Our team of physical therapists and staff coordinate their efforts to maximize pain relief and activity restoration through the utilization of tissue mobilization, joint manipulation, and implementation of foot strengthening exercises. Our team also educates you on keeping up your progress at home, as well as informs you on when to use certain modalities when not in the clinic.