Flat Foot( Pes Planus) | Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
What is Flat Feet or Pes Planus?
Pes Planus also known as flat foot is a common condition that involves the loss of the medial longitudinal arch of the foot. For most individuals the arch supports the foot and ankle from undue stress, in cases with pes planus, the arch has fallen which will cause the entire foot to make contact with the surface that you are standing on .
Do I have Flat Feet?
Common symptoms include pain in the foot due to strained muscles or nearby tissues – pain is generally along the inner aspect of your foot. You may notice difficulties with balancing of the foot during stair climbing, walking, due to poor stability.
Treatments for Pes Planus
The following are common treatments for improving your condition. We highly recommend speaking to our team to discuss all treatment matters.
- Stretching lower body muscles
- Progressing lifting arch of the foot
- Strengthening lower leg muscles (calves, ankle muscles, etc.)
- Utilizing BFR Therapy to improve muscular strength
- Reducing tendon inflammation and pain using Class 4 Laser Therapy.
- Correcting your walking using AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill.
- Ice therapy for pain and inflammation relief
- Heat therapy for stiffness and soreness relief
Physical Therapy and Acupuncture for Flat Feet
If you are suffering from symptoms from your flat feet, come to Edge HQ to get it diagnosed and treated by our podiatrist and physical therapy team. Our podiatrist provides a proper analysis of your condition and supplies you with specialized orthotics to ease daily life and activity. Schedule your consultation today!
Our team of physical therapists and staff coordinate their efforts to maximize pain relief and activity restoration through the utilization of tissue mobilization, joint manipulation, and implementation of foot strengthening exercises. Our team also educates you on keeping up your progress at home, as well as informs you on when to use certain modalities when not in the clinic.